Sunday 1 February 2009

Day 119: snoooow!

When I woke up today (at about 11...) the sun was shining beautifully in the sky. Pretty much as soon as I mentioned "let's go running", the clouds came in. When we stepped out and started jogging, it was cold. When we got to the park for our pre-run stretch, the first few snow flakes started falling :)

We run 40 minutes today, as per plan, and half of which under the snow. It was nice. Nice also was to reach Canary Wharf in about 13 minutes - another time beaten!

However, I was tormented by a collection of painful stitches in my abs and chest, which got me to gasp for air and slow down on the running for the second half. It was lovely to have Stephen back, even though he too was being bothered by pain, in his knees.

But surely if neither the cold, nor the snow, nor our aches and pain can stop us, it means we are hard core?!

Lastsly, another good news today is a new and generous contribution to my fundraising efforts - thank you Adrian for your help. It sure is going to make a big difference. Cheerio!

Oh, I almost forgot: I received my number for the Ashford & District race next Sunday: I am number 195. Yee-heee!

No comments: