Wednesday 10 December 2008

Day 66: entering winter mode

Yesterday I just felt like I was ploughing through my interval training -- it is becoming increasing difficult to get up in the morning, with the Xmas season having started and a general slowing-down of the pace of life around me. As we started our 20 min jog today, for the second time this week it felt like staying in the warm bed would have been so much better :) Yet this morning's jog was fast and energising, and what counts is that we are sticking to this!

I'm also rather glad that my appetite seems to be in control again and that I appear to have found a certain balance and not to overcompensate all the time anymore.

My mood tends to shift a little bit these days, and as I am entering some kind of hibernating mode (I just want a nice, cosy holiday, mince pies and a cup of tea under the blanket!) I sometimes feel a tad daunted by the weeks to come, as the match between increased run durations and the need to just sit down like a vegetable in front of the telly does not, at first sight, appear to have been made in heaven...

No comments: