Monday 15 December 2008

Day 71: ouch. But yay! But ouch, though.

So, this Sunday we undertook our second 1.5 hour run, and managed a brilliant 11.5 miles (roughly over 18 Km -- Stephen, isn't this actually more than we did last Sunday???). I have to admit that it was dire, though. Tougher than the last time, not so much physically than emotionally, somehow.

We were fast, very fast in the first half, so much so that when coach Stephen told me "yay, we're halfway already", I almost cried (as I felt like we were 2/3 of the way there already).

It took some slowing down in the second half to a) get rid of a very painful stitch on the side of my neck (why???) and b) manage to complete the run. But it got done! I got rather emotional shortly after the run, and not in a very pretty way I'm afraid. It took some reassuring and a long warm bath to make me realize just how awesome we are. I can clearly see (now that I'm not wondering anymore if my legs are still there) that pushing hard on the first half was a great exercise to build up some strength.

Today, our light jog felt like running with a wooden leg (or so I imagine how running with a wooden leg would be). And tomorrow we are supposed to run yet another 1.5 hour. The question is: at 5 am and just 48 hours after another long run, will we have the willpower????

No comments: