Tuesday 11 November 2008

Day 37: on to "phase 2"

It was a treat to have a day of rest yesterday.

This morning, back to the training programme, with a gentle 30-min jog. After much deliberation we have decided to engage into the second part of the sub-4 hours marathon programme (as opposed to part one of the sub-3 hours one). Our plan is to do the first 12 weeks of the sub-4 first, so that I am actually ready to run a half-marathon in 6 weeks from now, then use our remaining 12 weeks to do parts 1 and 2 of the sub-3 one, so that I step up one gear and become simply better at it (hopefully that means faster :).

The next six weeks will therefore be a bit harder, with runs being lengthened to 90 min on Sundays instead of 60. Wish me luck!

Also, the final results of the Leatherhead 10K have been released -- I actually finished 374th (no idea why I dropped one place since they first published the results), and beat about 160 people in total. Still not sure how well I did against the women only, but I'll try to take some time to calculate this in the next few days.

No comments: