Sunday 30 November 2008

Day 56: and yet another longest run ever!!!

Today we run a staggering 90 min, with lots of uphills, and covered a total of 10.49 miles, 16.8 Km!!! I am so, so proud of us, so chuffed, and oh-so sore... It's very enjoyable to run in a new setting, with lots of fresh air, dead-quiet country roads, woodland on each side, little hamlets, and fairly good weather (good for a run at least: cool, and dry up until the last third, when rain was refreshing and thus welcome).

To top it all up, we were greeted at home by a wonderful slap-up meal (including home-made foie gras and a lovely bottle of Loupiac) and some gifts for a very early holiday celebration. And we've been dozing since then... Niiiice.

I would write lots more but the 'azerty' keboard is a bloody nightmare to use now, so I will just say this: it was a very hard run, and for the last 20 min I had no thoughts left (except 5 min of a nasty little internal voice repeating the word 'walk' in a seductive and sultry tone); I also went through a time when I wasn't sure my legs were still there...

No comments: