Tuesday 6 January 2009

Day 93: on the road again.

Well, it had been a while since the half-marathon premiere. And here I am, back on the run after a wonderful, relaxing and indulgent Christmas holiday, where I did almost no running at all, except for a post-Christmas long jog along the river. Stephen and I started week 1 of the "sub 3 hours" marathon training programme, by getting up at 5.45 yesterday and running 30 min on snowy grounds. And this morning, it was even colder!!! Temperatures were below zero Celsius as we were getting back into the motions of interval training. I don't remember such a cold spell in London for a while...

When it's that cold, it's actually rather tough to breathe through your nose, as the air freezes your throat as it comes in :) Plus, you break back into a jog much quicker during recovery periods, otherwise your legs start freezing too! But we're doing this, and so far feeling OK. I still have a black toe from the half-marathon two weeks ago though -- how long can it take for a toe to recover?!?

Also during the holiday, this blog was accessed from far-away locations by my friends Maria and Laura, who helped me expand its reach to two more continents. Now, there are dots in South Africa, Argentina and sunny Hawaii... Any volunteers to visit Antarctica for me???

No comments: