Wednesday 22 October 2008

Day 17: coooold!

30 min jog today, in the company of coach Stephen who is now feeling better; much nicer to have my running buddy back!

It was cold, cold, much colder this morning than yesterday. I am thinking I may need more of those long sleeves tops if the weather is to carry on like this.

We are taking it easy this week, as my ankles are still a bit painful, and this morning I have to say I was a little worried about having to slow down my training so much that I won't be able to reach my half-marathon-within-two-hours goal. I guess it's a little early to worry that much though. Anyway, I did ice my ankles again this morning, and we'll see how they feel tomorrow. If it's still painful there may be some benefit in resting a day or two to recover completely. I'm still hoping to do my Sunday run this week, but in the end being able to take part in the Leatherhead 10k on the 9 Nov is more important.

I enjoyed a short swim and sauna last night, which made for a relaxing change in routine.

No comments: