Wednesday 22 October 2008

Taking a short break

Well, my ankles are still playing up, so we've decided on a couple of days of rest and recovery (lots of frozen peas!) to ensure I am ready for the next two weeks of preparation in view of the Leatherhead 10.

It's not without mixed feelings that I take this break, but I'll be enjoying a couple of mornings with a bit more sleep, and give myself the highest chance of feeling good and doing well for my first live race! :)

I'm looking forward to enjoying my invigorating morning runs in beautiful sleepy East London again... In the meantime I'll enjoy quieter activities, such as tomorrow's yoga class, and savouring fairy cakes with Stephen in front of the Colbert Report.

Oh, and one other good thing about all this is it gives the pile of sports clothes that I just washed some time to dry -- we were really running low on dry socks here!!!

No comments: