Tuesday 14 October 2008

Week 2, day 2 (cont) or day 9...

My heart sank a little last night when, just before bed, I realised that today was not "gentle jogging" day, but "longer than before Fartlek day". Awww. 40 mins of jog-then-sprint-like-a-maniac-then-jog.

My knees were a bit sore yesterday, but overall I'm doing well. Less of a spring in my step than on week one - what with the first-week excitement fading a bit, the general fatigue, the last two days of plain running, and the thought of the 23 weeks to go :o).

That being said, once awake and warmed up, it wasn't so bad at all.

I've decided to run an actual race on weekend 6, and found that I can still register to the Leatherhead Fire Station 10K race for that. This would make for a new environment (the country!), and the discovery of a real-race set-up (with about 600 other people, apparently, none of whom will be coach Stephen, as he will most probably be taking pictures of me struggling to get out of a muddy field, instead...!).

Tomorrow is definitely gentle-jog day (I checked!!!), but I still have my PT session to go through with Joao tonight. If I'm not a seasoned athlete after all of this, then I never will be!!!

No comments: