Wednesday 15 October 2008

Day 10: first day of a long series of rainy ones

'Easy' 30-min jog today (as in: it wasn't easy to jog, but it was easier than a run or a Fartlek session). This was also our first training session under the rain (real rain, not just a drizzle). I believe this won't be the last, as we are now entering the gloomy season in London (which generally lasts until mid-June...).

This morning was rather mild. The gates around the Tower of London were closed, so we didn't get to jog the loop we wanted, but it was still pleasant to enjoy a slow pace today. The GPS isn't perfect in this kind of weather, but the armband that coach Stephen recently acquired makes it a lot more reliable, as überphone doesn't switch to other applications anymore.

My legs were heavy and stiff, but my knees are feeling much better.

I wore my AC-DC t-shirt (!!!) with pride, as I have once more run out of clean wicking stuff.

Last night the PT session ended up being an arms and abs workout, which made for a good change - I felt it was good to focus on something else than my legs! I've also agreed with Joao that we would alternate what he calls "explosion training" (the mad boot-camp-style stuff we did last week) with our good old weight-lifting sessions, as I'm already feeling the impact of not working out my arms as much as I used to, and I don't want to lose my Madonna biceps ;o)

My fundraising is going very well so far, with a lot of generous donations from colleagues at Amex - thank you Eve, Benjamin and Joel for your support! People who donate are also leaving some nice comments on the Just Giving site, which is great because I am also hearing a lot of people around asking "why I'm doing this", "why so early", or telling me" not to overdo it" or that they would "never do that themselves". Reminds me of when I packed my bags and moved from the French countryside to London - pretty much the same mix of excited vs. puzzled reactions :o)

Tonight will be an evening of simple relaxation: nothing in the diary, and now that we have Sky TV at home, you can see where this is going...

No comments: