Thursday 30 October 2008

Day 25: not so bad in the end!!!

This was my first long-ish run since the "ankles incident": 35 min, plus the 10 min warm-up jog. I'm pleased to say that my legs are feeling just fine, although the mobility in my ankles is a little off, so long strides are out of the question and I was getting frustrated at what I thought was a rather slow pace. Actually, in the end the GPS tells us we run 5.5 miles, in just 45 min (10 of which were just jogging) -- that's more than 8km :D I was really chuffed.

We did run under the rain though, and it was much warmer than expected. And I found myself wondering how I would feel when I'm racing several hundred people, because I got annoyed at the other runners who were faster than me and looked like they were enjoying themselves too, while I was gasping for air and frowning in the drizzle...! Still, I did get up to run this morning, and I did stick to it even though I was hurting and the weather was bad -- that's a bit more than a few Londoners did this morning I am sure! :)

My legs were really burning once back home, as I am feeling the effects of Tuesday's weight lifting session as well...

No comments: