Friday 10 October 2008

Day 5: it's **F*R*I*D*A*Y** :D

Fridays have taken on a whole new meaning for me apparently: not only is it the end of the working week (which I'm sure you'll all agree, is great even if you love your job), but it's also my last day of training before my beloved lazy Saturday!

Today was a 35 min Fartlek session which turned out to be quite a bit longer (possibly 45 min) as our timer somehow fell asleep during the session. We thought it was strange that, as days are becoming shorter, the sun was a little higher in the sky than usual when we started to run our way back home...... I also realised that the Millenium Bridge is *much* longer than London Bridge when you sprint across it (and makes strange RAF-plane noises at each end - why is that??). By the end I was dribbling like a rabid dog.

Last night's yoga session turned out to be tough, as most of my leg and shoulder muscles had gone a little tight, but it was useful in the sense that it helped me strech a little better today. I am actually thinking of signing up for another 9-week course, just for the sake of the few minutes of pure relaxation provided in the end of the session (or, as my teacher puts it, the "surrendering into Shavasnah"...).

All's good, and I am looking forward to a relaxing evening and long sleep-in tomorrow, followed by a gigantic plate of waffles smothered in galons of maple syrup.

No comments: